This week’s business of the week is Flexcity Fitness, located at 216 S. Washington Square in downtown Lansing. Flexcity is owned by Jenny Quinn, a certified personal trainer who holds a BS and MS in Exercise Physiology and Health Promotions. Jenny is joined by Trista Parisian, a certified trainer who holds a BS in kinesiology.
Flex56, the signature workout of Flexcity Fitness, is an instructor-led small group training class that alternates between cardio and strength training. Flexcity offers new classes every day, so there is never time to get bored!
Because they are small and don’t have a storefront, they make excellent use of other promotional tactics. Flexcity has both a Facebook and Twitter that they frequently update; they maintain contact with customers, especially with the younger population who populate these sites constantly.
“Social media has been our biggest source of marketing and advertising to date,” said Quinn.
They also make use of Groupon, offering deals to participants to come in and try out their classes. Often times, Jenny says, these Groupon customers purchase longer termed memberships to continue with Flexcity. They also sell apparel, which doubles as walking advertisement, especially around MSU’s campus.
Flexcity uses Perkville, which is an online perk community. If people attend classes, refer friends, etc get perk points that they can put towards new swag, such as sweatshirts and tee shirts.
Visit their site at: http://lansing.flexcityfitness.com/index.htm
Have you thought of using Instagram to market your company/brand? With all of these new and emerging social media sites, it can get a little confusing. Here are 8 quick tips to get you started on the right foot!
1. Communicate a Lifestyle- Use consumer feedback and photos as well as your own. Create a consistent message you want to send (such as action, relaxation, etc.).
2. Be Creative and Outstanding- share something people will want to follow!
3. Showcase Products in an Original Way- be innovative!
4. Add text to your image to add a little humor
5. Share Behind the Scenes Photos- give the viewer a value from following your account, such as making them feel like they know your product in a more intimate way.
6. Use Hashtags to Increase Reach
7. Consider Using Professional Apps to Edit Photos to give them a little bit of an edge
8. Run Photo Contests- Promotions are always good to gain interaction and it’s a fun way to engage with customers.
Advertise With Us
LSJ Media’s audience solutions, enhanced by Yahoo!’s digital reach and extensive audience targeting capabilities, provide powerful and effective reach, targeting, and results that deliver the right audience at the right time with the right solution.
LSJ.com is the Greater Lansing region’s #1 source for local news and information online. Averaging 8 million pages views and more than 700,000 unique visitors each month no other local news source comes close. As part of LSJ Media’s continued adoption of new technology we have provided the community with the most robust and content […]
Greater Lansing Woman is a magazine made especially for the smart, stylish, and sophisticated women who live right here in the Lansing region. GLW is the only Lansing magazine to cater exclusively to the region’s most educated and most affluent women. With direct to doorstep delivery to only the regions affluent female households, you can be certain […]
- @Famous_Daves fans get ready! The barbecue restaurant chain is opening its first mid-Michigan location in Holt. ow.ly/kPPsB 2 weeks ago
- Which brand is most popular in the Pinterest world? ow.ly/kPOQk 2 weeks ago
- It definitely helps! “@mashable: Is $5 a day enough for a Facebook ad campaign? on.mash.to/12PIixu #SocialMakeover” 2 weeks ago
- We've all heard a lot about engagement. But what does it really mean? ow.ly/kFSG0 2 weeks ago
- Congratulations to all of the 2013 National Magazine Award winners! Which is your favorite? ow.ly/kFPLQ 2 weeks ago
- Want to protect your online photos? @mashable has got the scoop. ow.ly/kFSdf 2 weeks ago