We mentioned last week how important it is for businesses to have a mobile website; here is just one way to create one using one of many programs.
For most small businesses, a Facebook Page is a relatively cost efficient way to raise awareness of your brand and communicate with your target audience. Here are five tips to give your Facebook Page a boost:
- Design From your cover photo to your profile photo, and your albums…these should all be relevant to your brand and your message.
- Content Keep it short, keep it relevant, and keep it engaging. It is always good to link back to your other social media accounts as well. If you just published a white paper to your website, link back to that.
- Engage Demand responses from your audience. Post informational articles, links, questions, and short statement that will get your audience thinking.
- Promote Again, link back to your other social media accounts, and use these other accounts to promote your Facebook Page. Make sure that you put a Facebook icon on your website, and if you send an e-newsletter, include a button there, too.
- Measure- You are not going to know if your page is really working for your business if you don’t measure. Figure out what you want your Page to accomplish, and determine what success looks like.
Watch this brief tutorial about how to easily integrate your YouTube Channel and/or Twitter Feed on to your Facebook Pages and Timeline Application area.
Short on time? Take a quick look at this infographic for time management tips relevant for small business owners and the like. Do you have any helpful time management tips for marketing your brand?
Have you jumped on the Instagram bandwagon yet? Here are six tips for marketing with Instagram.
1. Interact with your followers. As with any social media campaign not only should you reply on your own pictures, you should reach out liking and commenting on their photos too, especially if they mention your product or brand.
2. Make your followers come back for more. Create contests and other promotions that encourage your community to display your brand on their photo feed and on their other connected social media networks.
3. Let your followers see behind the curtain. Stay active, post interesting pictures and engage with your fan base.
4. Let your employees be involved. As with any social media strategy, your immediately accessible and most loyal brand evangelists are your employees. One great way to quickly develop legitimate activity on your social media profiles is to encourage your employees to participate.
5. Create your own hashtag. Secondly, engage people who use it. Promoting and monitoring your own hashtag has great benefits.
6. Promote your brand with geo-tags. Geo-tagging can help you promote your event or participation at an event in a great way. Restaurants, retailers and any other brand can promote their location and products by using and promoting geo-tagged Instagram photos.
“Think beyond coupons, deals, promotions…these are often offered to new customers too. A very cost effective and resource friendly way to connect with customers to build and continue customer loyalty is via social media” (as in our “Take Customer Loyalty To The Next Level” blog)
Vespa has managed to do just that. Vespa USA has recently launched a social media campaign, asking anyone (Vespa owner or not) to submit Flickr or Instagram photos, and optional via Twitter, using #VespaStyle, showcasing how their ‘lifestyle’ somehow includes a Vespa. And it is working – the company’s Facebook page already has close to a million Likes! These photos are posted to a mosaic- like collage where Vespa fans and owners are the stars, talk about building a strong online community!
Instant gratification, please! http://www.adotas.com/2012/08/emerging-marketing-advertising-trends-and-events/
Spending in digital ads increased by nearly 13 percent supported by the growing mobile market of tablets, Android phones and other mobile phones
According to a recent article, 44% of followers of the @facebook handle are fake, and 33% of the @twitter handle are fake. Check-up on the status of your company’s followers by using this Fake Follower Check tool.
Advertise With Us
LSJ Media’s audience solutions, enhanced by Yahoo!’s digital reach and extensive audience targeting capabilities, provide powerful and effective reach, targeting, and results that deliver the right audience at the right time with the right solution.
LSJ.com is the Greater Lansing region’s #1 source for local news and information online. Averaging 8 million pages views and more than 700,000 unique visitors each month no other local news source comes close. As part of LSJ Media’s continued adoption of new technology we have provided the community with the most robust and content […]
Greater Lansing Woman is a magazine made especially for the smart, stylish, and sophisticated women who live right here in the Lansing region. GLW is the only Lansing magazine to cater exclusively to the region’s most educated and most affluent women. With direct to doorstep delivery to only the regions affluent female households, you can be certain […]
- @Famous_Daves fans get ready! The barbecue restaurant chain is opening its first mid-Michigan location in Holt. ow.ly/kPPsB 1 week ago
- Which brand is most popular in the Pinterest world? ow.ly/kPOQk 1 week ago
- It definitely helps! “@mashable: Is $5 a day enough for a Facebook ad campaign? on.mash.to/12PIixu #SocialMakeover” 1 week ago
- We've all heard a lot about engagement. But what does it really mean? ow.ly/kFSG0 1 week ago
- Congratulations to all of the 2013 National Magazine Award winners! Which is your favorite? ow.ly/kFPLQ 1 week ago
- Want to protect your online photos? @mashable has got the scoop. ow.ly/kFSdf 2 weeks ago