Blogging can be a great boost for your business, and it really doesn’t take much work or money at all. Businesses always have a general website that consumers and potential clients can visit for information. On these websites there are restrictions though, you can’t really grasp a culture or personality from a structured website. If someone’s choosing between two businesses as to which to give their loyalty to, they want to know more about that company. That’s where blogs come in perfectly.
Blogs allow businesses to post daily about their interests, tips, and information; basically anything relevant to their company. Through these posts, their own personality as a business shines through. It’s highly effective for every business to start up a blog. But where to start? Here are some pointers as to how to effectively start your own blog.
Dos of blogging:
- Post regularly, at least once a day. People who are interested in the information you’re posting will want to keep coming back for more. If there is hardly ever anything new, people will stop checking back.
- Comment! People like to feel connected and important when visiting blogs. They like a personal experience. If someone comments on one of your posts, be sure to comment back to build that bond. Also go to other relevant blogs and comment on their posts to gain connections that way.
- Be an individual. Readers know that the company as a whole isn’t posting these daily blogs, they know it’s typically one or a couple people writing. So let those individual personalities show; introduce the bloggers. People are more likely to come back for a sincere connection with someone than come back to the face of a company as a whole.
- Vocalize your blog. People won’t know this new blog is out there until they hear or see it. Post the link to your blog or posts on all your social media outlets.
Don’ts of blogging:
- Don’t’ over advertise. Many people see the opportunity to advertise on your blog as a way to make money. Yes, it’s a great tool, but don’t overuse it. People don’t want to come to a blog that’s smothered in ads. Keep the ads simple and minimal.
- Don’t post for posting’s sake. Yes, above it was mentioned to post daily, but these posts need to reflect the businesses personality and interests. Know what the blog theme is and stick to that for the posts.
Hopefully these tips will help your business dive into the blogging world. Blogs are a great way to build further relationships with clientele and prospective buyers. You’re more than welcome to comment back on what works for your personal blog that wasn’t mentioned! Good luck!